5/01/2008

Send me yr goddamn manuscripts. Cut me in on yr freak-beams. I'll print anything.

http://realitystudio.org/images/bibliographic_bunker/fuck_you/fuck_you.01.jpg



http://realitystudio.org/images/bibliographic_bunker/fuck_you/fuck_you.03.jpg

Also on the list in the list mentioned in the previous post "fuck you / a magazine of the arts.
Here's the blahblah (the picture above tells it all me thinks)

Fuck You/ a magazine of the arts

Fuck You/ A Magazine of the Arts. (1962-1965). Thirteen issues, considered one of the most influential underground magazine of the early Sixties. Started by Ed Sanders--Beat poet, Fugs band member, and proprietor of the underground Peace Eye Bookshop--Fuck You was a deliberately provocative mimeographed journal, at first emphasizing poetry and later expanding to include other writing. Each issue is illustrated with line drawings by Sanders.

Contributors included Sanders, Tuli Kupferberg (also of the Fugs), Carol Bergé, John Wieners, Andy Warhol, Ray Bremser, Lenore Kandel, Charles Olson, Joel Oppenheimer, Peter Orlovsky, Philip Whalen, Allen Ginsberg, Herbert Huncke, Julian Beck, Frank O'Hara, Leroi Jones, Diane DiPrima, William Burroughs, Gary Snyder, Robert Kelly, Judith Malina, Carl Solomon, Gregory Corso, Robert Duncan, Robert Creeley, Michael McClure, Ted Berrigan, Joe Brainard, Gilbert Sorrentino, and many others--a virtual "who's who" of avant garde poetry in the Sixties.

I wish I could get my hands on a copy of this. I love underground magazines and especially ones where the editor note says: "Send me yr goddamn manuscripts. Cut me in on yr freak-beams. I'll print anything."

There is a vol 1 issue 2 listed on abebooks for the slight amount of $1400,- How counterculture babyboomers devour their own children.


Geen opmerkingen: